v1.2 is here! read more in the news section.
Audio palette is an innovative instrument that allows you to remix looped tracks in a new way.
In audio palette each sound is represented on the screen as a circle. The closer your touch is to the center of the circle, the louder the sound. Your performance is automatically recorded and looped back with perfect timing accuracy allowing you to create a new loop built from your remix. You can switch between multiple touch recordings instantly to create yet another layer of performance. The software also allows you to edit the positions and sizes of the circles on screen, so you can develop your own style of play. Audio palette includes custom samples provided by legendary rock music producer and ambient music pioneer Brian Eno, as well as from Andrey Gladkov of TriHorn productions, myself and the inimitable Octafuzz.
- 5 audio palette sample sets
- Automatic looping with high accuracy timing for perfect loops
- Edit mode with ability to move and size palette circles
- upload your own sample loops via wifi using the built in HTTP server in v1.2, as well as with the audio palette companion app for mac users
- supports all device orientations (iPad only)
- upload via iTunes share folder as well as wifi upload support (iPad only)
- uploaded palettes can contain up to 32 stereo or mono samples on iPad, 16 on iPhone/iPod touch
- uploaded palettes can be as large as 50Mb on iPad, 25 on iPhone/iPod touch.
Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch
Requires iPhone 3.0 or later
by Kent Jolly
palette samples provided by:
Special thanks to: